Thursday, September 22, 2011

Flash Back in Blue

Speaking of drop leaf tables...my very first furniture revamp was a $6 score from Goodwill. I was with Yvette (ahh...the good ole days of living in the same city and rock bottom prices at Goodwill) and she forced me to buy the table. She pulled the tag and said "if you paint this and you hate it I will give you your $6 back...but I bet you are going to love it."

Photobucket

This is what it looked like before me and 3 cans of spray paint got ahold of it.
This is what it looked like after.

Photobucket

It's nice to see how far I have come and the tricks techniques I have learned. But Yvette was right - I do love this piece!
It is symbolic and fun and memorable.

It is currently serving as my sewing table until I find the one of my dreams.
I also picked up a little mail sorter that day and optimized my spray paint purchase.

Photobucket

Having these projects around my home give it is a sense of soul and flavor.
I wouldn't have it any other way!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. it is my favorite color, love the mail sorter too

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun day! Oh how I miss being almost neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely!! Love how the letter box looks..

    ReplyDelete