Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Busy Making Memories


It happens to me every year around this time.  The last day of school approaches and I start to get sentimental about my kids growing another year older.  In September I will have a 7th grader and a 4th grader.  Me!   Little ol' me, who still dances around my kitchen to Salt N Pepa, Vanilla Ice, and New Kids on the Block.  Where does the time go?

Another thing that happens around this time is that I begin a general "wind down".  Blog ideas get pushed to another day, photographs of my newest creations are stacked on my phone waiting to be uploaded and edited.  Emails take an extra couple of hours to respond.  An invitation to the pool will take precedence over laundry any day of the week...

I'm simply a summer girl.

Now, that doesn't mean that I consider all of this (my blog, shop, etc.) to be just a "hobby" or simple pastime.  What it does mean is that as much as I value YOU--my readers, my clients, my friends--I also value the time I have with my children and my husband.  I value the memories we make together.


Inasmuch as I adore sharing with the world my latest project or fashion obsession, I also think that it is important to share my thoughts and feelings, ideas and laughter with the people around me.  I don't want to find myself so consumed that I am unable to reply to a friend's text or join another friend for lunch.   I'm learning how to balance growing a successful blog and shop AND be a good mom, wife and friend.

I hope you don't give up on me if I don't post for a few days at a time.  I am still taking custom orders, my shop is full of lots of fun stuff with more to come, and I try to update my Facebook page regularly, as well. If I am a little M.I.A. this summer, know that it's because I am busy making memories. xoxo


Source
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment