Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Getting Ready for the Holidays!

Has it been a week since our last post???  Forgive us!  The holidays do this to us! We still love you all though!! Our Facebook page is a bustle of activity, so if you miss us as much as we miss you, become a fan!

I (Yvette) celebrated my first Thanksgiving in Virginia.  We don't have any family nearby so we decided, for the first time ever, to go out to eat on Thanksgiving Day.  We made reservations at a staple downtown restaurant and got gussied up for the big night.

I busted out a dress I got last year at a little boutique called TARGET! 
Paired it with some textured tights, a bow belt from XXI and Rocket Dog suede heels from DSW.
The silver cuff was a birthday gift from my friend Luana.

I recruited my 11-year-old son to take my pics!
Dinner was great and the next day, while hubby made a turkey, the kids and I decorated for Christmas.  For the first time in about 5 years we decided to buy a natural tree, but since we will be in and out around the holidays, we opted for a table-top size.  This is much different than our 8-9 foot trees from years past.

It is only big enough to hold our most special of family ornaments!
How was your Thanksgiving?  We'd like to know!  Tell us in the comments.


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment