Friday, October 18, 2013

DIY Lampshade Pendant Light

I've been admiring the lampshade and drum pendant lights at my local home stores for months, but wasn't thrilled at the idea of paying anywhere from $60-$200 for a light fixture. 

I decided that I would attempt to recreate my own version of a lampshade pendant, and I was able to do so for just $25!  (You may be able to do this for less if you already own a lampshade or scoop one up on sale.)

Here is how it turned out: 


All you need is a Mini Pendant Kit (I found mine at Home Depot for $14.97) and a lampshade with a harp fitter (the kind with the tiny hole instead of the big hole.)  I found mine at Ross for $9.99.

I loosened and removed the cord of the pendant kit from the base, and slipped the cord through the harp hole and then just reattached the cord to the base.  That's it! 


Hubby then wired the kit to the ceiling and voila!  Complete!!


I decided to do this project in a day, so I didn't go out searching for the most amazing lampshade. But, if I do find one I can't live without, I will just have to bribe Hubby to take down the fixture so I can switch it out.  Hmmm....I don't think that will be happening any time soon!

My dining room is still a work in progress, but isn't every room?  Have a great weekend, friends!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment