Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Easy Last-Minute Halloween Costume: Clark Kent

So it's two days before (or the morning of!) Halloween and your teen son decides he really ISN'T too old to go trick-or-treating again this year. What do you do?

Here is my solution for a quick and easy last-minute costume:

Presenting, Clark Kent


It's definitely not a bird nor a plane, but this Superman definitely turned the heads of some teen girls last week at our church's Trunk or Treat!


We had all the pieces at home, all I needed to buy was the superman logo tee shirt, which I picked up at my local Target.

Clark Kent wears:

  • Black high top chucks (Converse One-Stars from Target):$17 on clearance
  • White Dress Shirt (owned) Free
  • Tie (Owned--You can get a shirt/tie combo at Walmart for $10) Free
  • Dress Slacks (Owned--You can find dress slacks at Walmart for $10) Free
  • Black glasses (3D movie theater glasses) Free
  • Superman tee shirt (Target) $11 after Cartwheel discount
  • Good looks: Priceless!
My total cost:  $28 by reusing some items he already owned...technically only spent $11, since I had bought the Chucks a few weeks ago, but these were his first time wearing them, so I added it in.  ;)



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment