Monday, February 20, 2012

Felt Applique Wristlets and Enjoying the Snow

Here is a preview of my latest project:

But, before I get into the details, I wanted to share some thoughts and a fun photo from this morning.
 ................................................................

It's such a beautiful morning here in Virginia.  I am thoroughly enjoying seeing all of this weekend's snow glimmering in the sunlight.  The sound of the snow melting from the trees is one I won't soon forget.

My kiddos made their first ever snowman.


I'm proud to say that they did it all on their own.  Not bad for two former Floridians!

.............................................................................
Last week, my daughter asked if we could make some more fun little wristlets similar to the heart applique wristlet from earlier this month.  She picked out a few fabrics, some felt, and we got to work.

Here is what we came up with:

Blue and white chevron with pink bird applique

Inside of the bird wristlet

Yellow and white chevron with an elephant applique

Inside of the elephant wristlet.

Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Don't you just love these blog hops where we get to find and meet new blog friends? Glad I found you. I'm a new follower and I would love if you stopped by and followed back, so we can stay connected. Don't forget to get the new Linky tool cause' GFC is going away. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute blog you have here, Lori. Thank you so much for linking up to the blog hop!! Wishing you all the best in your bloggy endeavors. New follower :)

    Kelly
    www.livelaughrowe.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. these are super sweet - TFS - here via free style friday would love you to stop by when you have moment.

    Great projects and BTW - cute snowman

    xo
    tina
    mommy scraps alot

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are so wonderful. Great job and thanks for the inspiration! Found you at the Thirty Handmade Days party. I'm now a follower!

    -sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete