Friday, February 24, 2012

"Pink Ribbon" Rag Wreath

I know I say this a lot (or maybe not enough), but I miss my friends and relatives back in Florida. Every time I miss a birthday party, baby shower, baptism, or even a Friday night dinner out with friends, it is like a million knives flying through my heart.

This is why I was so touched (and excited) when my cousin (technically my husband's cousin's sister-in-law, but after being friends for 20 years, and catching the bouquet at my wedding, we are practically blood relatives) asked me to create a special wreath for her mom's Pink Party, celebrating 5 years of being free of breast cancer.

She told me exactly what she wanted and I was thrilled to get right to work.


A rag wreath is one of those projects where you really have to LOVE person for whom you are making it, because it is quite time consuming.  Good thing I LOVE these ladies!! ;)


Each strip of fabric is ripped and individually tied to the wreath base. The more strips you fit on to the base, the fuller the wreath is. I wanted a FULL wreath.  I used a total of 3.5 yards of 5 different fabrics.

One of the fabrics was a floral print with pink ribbons.  Another fabric had the words "Faith, Hope, Love, Charity".


I love how the different shades of pink give it depth and texture.


I love the end result so much, that I am planning to make myself a springtime rag wreath (if I start now, it may be complete by spring!!)

I hope my cousin loves this wreath as much as I loved making it.  Here's to a lifetime of health for the beautiful "L" and a cure for breast cancer.


Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!


Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. This looks wonderful and it is so sweet. I found your blog through Whipperberry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pink and the theme behind this wreath. Pretty and meaningful. I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Ladybird Ln. Vicky from Mess For Less

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thrilled to be your newest follower from the grow your blog hop! What a fabulous wreath with such special meaning! Thank you for sharing it with us! :)

    Happy Sunday to you!
    xo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I just found your site on Polly Want a Crafter - this wreath is so adorable! Just became your newest follower! Great blog!

    ReplyDelete