Monday, July 11, 2011

Tea Towel Curtains (With An Unexpected Vintage Trim)


A few weeks ago I came across this idea and I knew I had to recreate it!

I was lucky enough to find these tea towels at Joann for $8.99/ 3-pack:

I added a little pocket to the back using some left over fabric from my dish towel project so that the curtain rod could slide through without having to fold back the fabric and lose the top stripe.

Here is the end result...sort of:


I would have been happy with a simple curtain made from just two tea towels.  Unfortunately, the fabric of the two towels was not long enough. Since I am in a rental, and the curtain rod was already attached to the wood trim, I didn't want to make another hole in the wood.  Instead, I added some vintage eyelet trim I found at a thrift store in Florida many months ago.



It's a little more "country" than I had envisioned, but I have grown to love it, especially since the trim reminds me of home.  I also love that it's a mix of old and new.  Very fitting for a girl who just moved out of state for the first time EVER! :)

Sooo...what do you think? You know we heart comments here at Aqua Seventy6!

Linking up to the parties listed below.

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. These are so cute! I love the idea of dressing up tea towels for curtains! Thanks for linking up to Think Pink Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you on Southern Hospitality. I think they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cute, love the tea towel curtains. thanks for partying with me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those turned out very very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these are very very cute. great job!

    megan
    craftycpa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea! I love tea towels, and this was a unique way to use them. Very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Excellent idea! Looks great :-)
    Lusi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creative, pretty and charming! Red and white is one of my favorite color combinations and these tea towels are my idea of perfection. I'm your newest follower; found you via Kim!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love that! Reminds me of my Gramma's kitchen. So sweet. Thank you for linking to Handy Man, Crafty Woman Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What darling curtains! They add such charm to your window!
    Wonderful tutorial!
    Yvonnne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh,thoses are really adorable!
    I recently wallpapered by kitchen and my theme is 50's,but my windows have some random red piece of fabric until I can get something that really appeals to me.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete