Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Elephant Applique and Patchwork Throw Pillows

My friends and family are the inspiration for most of my projects, and I am so grateful to them!  It takes so much creativity just to figure out how to run a multifaceted business from home with kids on two different bus schedules, all the while having to plan dinner, do housework, worry about bills AND try to find a way to have a fulfilling life on a budget. It's no wonder my hair is falling out...seriously, it is.  I could make a wig out of what gets trapped in the shower drain!

Even so, nothing has fulfilled me creatively than creating items to share on AquaSeventy6.  So, thank you again!

The following project was inspired by some fabric I came across while mindlessly browsing the web.  It was so beautiful that I had to share it on my Facebook page.  Minutes later, my friend Natasha asked if I could use the fabric to make her some throw pillows....OF COURSE!

I ordered the fabric from a trusted shop on Etsy (small business supporting small business!) as well as some coordinating fabrics for the backside.  When the main fabric arrived, I decided to cut out the print and applique it on another fabric.....and here is what was born...


Isn't it beautiful?!

Here are both sides.  What you can't see is the zipper I added to each pillow so that my friend can toss the covers in the wash whenever she needs to.

I love this pillows so much, that I am planning to recreate them for myself...if I ever make time!  I hope you all enjoyed today's bit of eye candy! xx

 Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked


Photobucket

6 comments: