Wednesday, September 5, 2012

The Coolest Goody Bags on the Block

I totally dig party planning!  When my son turned 1, I spent weeks creating center pieces, choosing the right menu, designing the perfect cake, and choosing just the right outfit for him to wear.  Over the years I've planned baby showers, baptisms, birthday parties and more.  It's just something I do for fun, but maybe one day I will take it to the next level.

One of my favorite things to work on for my kids' birthday parties were the goody bags.  I loved personalizing them and filling them theme specific treats. But, as my kids grew and started to go to parties themselves, I realized a lot of those toys and candies were soon forgotten, and most ended up in the trash. (You mean they don't actually write on a mini notepad with mini pencil?) What a waste of effort and money!

Recently, as I was making some of my sandwich-size mini wet bags, I thought of a great idea!  These would make perfect birthday party goody bags!  With all of the fabric selections available, they can be easily made to match almost any party theme. They can be filled with mini bags of goldfish, pretzels or other healthy treats, and the parents can reuse them later for snacks or in their lunchboxes. No more throwaways!  You can even personalize them with a little tag tied to the zipper!

Here are some super hero bags I made for my friend, which would make a perfect goody bags for a super hero themed birthday party:


My daughter's 7th birthday party was Pink Cowgirl themed...too bad I didn't have this fabric back then!

 Having a football themed party?  Even dads will love these bags!

Check out my Facebook page for more information on mini wet bags.  (Need 10 or more? Email me for special pricing!)

 Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment