Thursday, August 4, 2011

Decorating: Bold Color

One of the greatest things about keeping walls and floors neutral is having the ability to use accent pieces to add color. This is a wonderful thing because, as you eye and taste may change so can these accent pieces. You can paint them...buy a new one...or simply move them around different spots in your home.

Set: '30s,Vignette: Sm. Black,Snapbucket,Filter: Vintage,Frame: Rounded White,Original

When considering my entry way I wanted a bright pop of color - what better than PINK?
(Valspar Pink Burst, spraypaint)
It is unexpected and it is the first thing to greet you when you waltz in the door!

Snapbucket

I love the excited vibe is gives the entry. And shouldn't you and your guests feel excited upon entering your home?

I also found this fantastic bench (already painted) in orange. My boys helped me pick this out and I have to say, I think they have a keen eye for design!

Snapbucket

My 3 year old even helped me style it. He chose the pillows from the couch for the top and his adorable little cowboy boots for the shelf.

Snapbucket

I love the way these pieces add pops of bold color to our home!
Break out of the safe color box and make things interesting.

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What a great bench! The color is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love pops of color - they are fun and unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Food for thought... I am so inspired by that orange bench that I am definitely gonna add some new shades to my house. My eyes would be the happiest ;)

    I am hosting my first Link-up party - Tea Time Thursdays. Would be glad to see you there :)

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/celebrating-one-party-time.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this bench! And LOVE the color!

    Rachel
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete