Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Back to School and Mini Wet Bags

This is the first time EVER that I have been excited about the kids going back to school.  Maybe it's because all of my Florida friends have been posting pics of their cute kids wearing cute backpacks or in their cute classrooms with their cute new teachers.  Most likely, though, it's because my soon-to-be 4th and 7th graders have perfected the art of hovering over me as I work.  In fact, these last few sentences have taken 35 minutes to write.

Being a work-at-home mom comes with many challenges, especially in the summer.  I'm constantly stopping in the middle of a project to cook a meal, referee an argument, or taking the day off altogether just to get the kids out of the house.  I understand how it feels to be bored. 


To lighten the situation, I try to sneak in a little handmade gift for my own kids whenever I can't step away from the sewing machine.  Last week I tweaked the wet bag pattern to make my daughter a reusable sandwich bag for her lunchbox.

It's lined in vinyl for easy cleanup.  My favorite thing about this bag is the zipper to help contain the crumbs!

My friend J had been looking for a zippered reusable sandwich pouch, so she ordered a couple for her little boy who started preschool this week.  She wanted something that said "back to school" but also said her little guy loves Elmo and instruments.  How do you think I did?


It made my day to get this photo from my little buddy:



If you like these mini wet bags, you can find some now in my shop! They can also be custom made!  Email me for details!


Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment