Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A HUGE Score and a Mustachio Apron


I know it's late!  Who blogs at 10 p.m.???  Ummm, I do!!

I spent the day doing some back-to-school shopping with the kiddos, thanks to a nice gift card my wonderful mother-in-law sent them.  Then I did one of my ALL TIME favorite things....I went thrifting! 

I didn't exactly MEAN to buy anything.  I just walked into the shop to browse and kill time, and then I saw it. The sign.  It said "All clothing $1."  Say WHAAATTTT?

I decided just to peek in the woman's section. The first thing I found was a pair of gray Liz Claiborne dress slacks, in my size.  Right next to it a pair of taupe NY & Co dress slacks (also in my size!)  I found a couple of pencil skirts, a GORGEOUS button down black midi skirt, a beautiful navy Isaac Mizrahi dress, and a Simply Vera Wang top.

I was about to walk to the register when I saw a rolling rack with some newly placed items.  I found my daughter 3 cardigans, two from Gap and one from J. Crew.  My biggest find??  A pair of LIKE NEW Banana Republic jeans in hubby's size.  Keep in mind, these are $1 each!  ONE DOLLAR!  My grand total??  $14...CHA-CHING!  That was less than what I spent on ONE long-sleeve hoodie for my son at Kohls!

I don't have any pics of my score to share with you tonight. Half of the items are in the wash, and the other half are in a bag to go to the cleaners, but I will post some as soon as I can.

I'm not going to leave you with out any pics, though.  Here is one of 6 aprons I made for my friend who's hosting a mustachio baby shower. 

Enjoy!




Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. That apron is adorable and good work with all that thrifting! There's nothing better than finding things actually your size when they are priced that cheap.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! Love the colors! Way to go on scoring great clothes for so little!

    ReplyDelete