Monday, May 20, 2013

Settling in and back to work!

Holy moly, it's been forever and a day since my last post!!  Three whole months, to be exact.  Well, a lot has gone on in the House of AquaSeventy6!

First and foremost, I am out of my in-laws and into my own place!  I am still in the process of unpacking and putting together my design studio, but my goal is to have it up and running by the time the kids get out of school (June 4!)  I'm so excited, not only to be back in my hometown, but to have found a home in my favorite neighborhood.  I lived here for 7 years prior to moving to Virginia, and I haven't felt more at home anywhere, ever. ♥

I participated in a spring trunk show this month with my same handmade posse, and we are planning a Back-to-School event for the end of summer.

I've also been busy working apart from AquaSeventy6.  I was hired on in January as the Event Manager for a super cute local party hall. (Check out Pretty in Pink Party Place for more information.)  This has kept my weekends busy, but I love having my weekdays free to be with my kids and work on my designs.

Speaking of designs, I can't leave you without sharing a couple of new applique burp cloths I've been working on for little girls!

Elephant Applique Burp Cloths

Flower Applique Burp Cloths
Since I am no longer commuting 100 miles per day...yes, you read that correctly...I have much more time to blog, sew, DIY, etc.  So, keep your eyes peeled for much, much more!  xoxo


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment