Friday, March 16, 2012

Rag Ribbon Table Skirt

Another item that I created for my mother-in-law's Vintage Garden Tea Party last year was this Rag Ribbon Table Skirt:


Over the course of three months I collected fabric from the remnant bins at my local fabric shops and picked up some vintage fabrics at an antique mall in order to create these skirts.


I used everything from quilting cottons to home decor fabrics.  I cut them into two inch strips and sewed a one inch seam along the top of each strip, leaving the other edges raw..  It took FOREVER (and wasn't the most affordable of DIY projects), but the results were well worth it.



They were such a hit, that I was loaning them out for a baby shower just days later!  I even used them to spice up my table at my first trunk show!

These table skirts can be made in any color combination to suit any theme.

Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!




Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh my, I love that. So pretty..... I am your newest follower. You have a lot of great ideas. Thanks Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun is that?!?!! Very adorable!! Visiting from the blog hop, and am your newest folllower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! As a non-seamstress, I could totally rock this one. Thanks for sharing. Found you via the mommy blog hop.

    ReplyDelete