On the morning of Halloween, she will be attending her very last Storybook Parade at school. When she was in Kindergarten she dressed as the Cowardly Lion, so she wanted to end her elementary school costume career as another character from The Wizard of Oz...with a slight twist.
Presenting: "Hipster Dorothy"
For years I stocked up on costumes when Target marked them down to 90% off. I picked up this Dorothy costume in 2010 for about $3. When we moved to VA the following summer, the box containing all of our costumes accidentally ended up in storage here in FL. When we finally returned, I thought for sure that she would have outgrown all of the costumes, but she was just able to fit into a couple!
Hipster Dorothy wears:
- Red Chucks (these are faux Converse I ordered through Amazon) $11 with shipping
- Ironic glasses with no lens (old 3D movie theater glasses) Free
- White lace bike shorts (Target clearance) $4
- Tall white socks (Target clearance) $2
- Basket (thrift) 50 cents
- Puppy (Gift) Free
- Hair ribbons (Joann) $1
- Dorothy costume (Target clearance 2010) $3
- Attitude (hereditary) Priceless