Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Nerdy 50s Girl {Putting a Twist on a Store Bought Halloween Costume}

As you saw in yesterday's post, I can't be happy with a store bought costume as is. We always add a little twist.  Today I present to you:

Nerdy 50's Girl:


This is another one of those costumes I picked up on clearance at Target years ago. I was so surprised when my daughter chose this costume to wear for our church's Trunk or Treat this year. The whole nerdy look was her idea, and I have to say, she rocks it!


She even swiped some of the masking tape from my DIY furniture projects to "nerdy up" her glasses!

Nerdy 50s Girl wears:

  • Black Chucks (Converse All Star hand me downs from her brother) Free(ish) retail at about $30
  • Nerdy glasses (old 3D movie theater glasses) Free -- also used for Hipster Dorothy
  • White lace bike shorts (Target clearance) $4 -- also used for Hipster Dorothy
  • Tall white socks (Target clearance) $2 -- also used for Hipster Dorothy
  • 50s Girl costume (Target Clearance 2010) $3
  • Potential to be the next Kristen Wiig -- Priceless!
Total cost to me: $9 (unless you count the shoes that I bought for my son in 2009 for about $30, and the hour's worth of elbow grease it took me to make them look new again!)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hey there, You've performed an incredible job. I’ll definitely digg it and in my opinion suggest to my friends. I'm confident they'll be benefited from this site. plus size schoolgirl costume

    ReplyDelete