Friday, January 13, 2012

Fabric Lanyard

I got the idea for this next project from my cousin, J, who is a pharmacist at a major hospital.  She is required to wear a lanyard to display her badge and was tired of the plain industry standard lanyard everyone else was carrying around.

I was excited to find a project to display some gorgeous fabric I picked up while on vacation in Florida.  (Of course, since it was in the clearance section and probably out-of-stock, it will become my most requested print!---get it while it's hot kids!)



Funky Fabric Lanyard
This particular lanyard has a 20" drop length including the swivel clasp, but can be made in any length.  After I made this, I decided that I needed to make one for myself to hold my keys and card at the gym.  Now, to choose my fabric...

Do you wear a lanyard to work? To the gym? Do your kids where them at school?  Tell me in the comments!

Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. The lanyards at work are boring and are supposed to be that way :(
    This is so colorful and nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Just stopping by from the link-up on Blue Eyed Owl. I also live in Virginia! I wanted to check out your space and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Yvette, what a great idea and so pretty. We had just started to use these at work before I retired. They are becoming very popular and how delightful to have your own design. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a great gift for all those teachers that are at the elementary school! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I can make a replacement for the one I bought years ago at a craft bazarr.

    ReplyDelete