Saturday, January 28, 2012

La Vita Bella

I know I don't normally blog on Saturdays, but I have just been so busy since returning from my vacation that the week has flown by.

Besides coming home with two bags full of laundry, my dryer was broken for a week prior to my trip. So, I am STILL in the process of tackling about 18 loads.  The good thing about European jet lag is that I've been up and at 'em by 6 a.m. every day.  Let's hope it stays that way!

I promised some photos from my trip, so here goes...


Here we are in the Colosseum.
At the Circus Maximus
At the Trevi Fountain
In front of the Colloseum
At a fab beer shop in Rome
In front of the Tiber River
The Vatican
The beach in front of our hotel in Lido di Ostia
At Anima Mundi Bar, with a beautiful church just steps away!
I have to post a disclaimer on my appearance.  Inasmuch as I wanted to look all hot and European on my vacation--it was impossible.  Our power converter wouldn't heat up neither my curling nor my flat iron, hence the not-quite-flat, not-quite-wavy hair thing I had going on.  The blow dryer in the hotel room was basically a vacuum cleaner on reverse.

Also, this was technically a business trip, and we were generously put up in a beautiful hotel on the beach of Lido di Ostia.  Unfortunately, Ostia is 2 trains and 45 mins away from the center of Rome.  This means I had to layer my clothing to account for the changes in temperature in the 8 hours we would ultimately spend each day between visits to our hotel room.

Even so, I had such a wonderful time!!  Maybe next week I will post some photos of all the ah-mahzing food I ate!  YUUMM!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Oh Roma, it's just so beautiful!
    And that beach view looks gorgeous, even if it was a little out of the city at least you got to see a place that most tourists don't! And thanks for posti on the weekend.. So few people do but it's when I've got the most free time to catch up on blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a wonderful time. We were there years ago and it looks the same, that's the beauty of Rome - maybe?

    ReplyDelete