Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Arts and Craftsy Owl

People often ask me what I "do". It's such a weird question to answer.  I usually just say that I own a business where I create handmade items and write for a blog that features those items (as well as some DIY, decor, and fashion stuff.)  That's usually where I lose them.  People will then ask, "What kind of handmade items?  Like arts and craftsy stuff?"  Bless their hearts...

Am I the only one who HATES the term "arts and crafts"?  It makes me feel like I'm putting together items with Elmer's Glue and construction paper.

Even so, I am crafty, and I like to think that what I do is some form of art, so I suppose "arts and crafts" isn't too far beyond what I "do".

Here is my newest work of arts and craft (warning: no fabric was cut in the creation of this piece!)

Owl Charm Fashion Necklace

I decided that as much as I love incorporating fabric into most of my pieces, there are times that I just want to wear something simple and understated.  This necklace is 18" long and features a 1" owl charm.  The perfect length for a scoop neck top or a button down blouse.

There will be more charm necklaces featured soon, so keep your eyes peeled my lovelies!

Click here to see where this and my other posts are linked!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment